Job role insights
3 - 5 Years
This is an hourly, full-time position which will generally work Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. - 5 p.m., with other times as needed according to assignments.
This position may have flexibility for remote (hybrid) work, but should be available to visit the estate and attend in-office meetings in downtown Asheville on a regular basis.
Biltmore’s Marketing Communications Copywriter is responsible for the creation of clear, engaging, and accurate written content that reflects our brand voice and supports the overall success of our business units and communication channels. The incumbent will collaborate cross-functionally with Marketing Communications, Marketing Management, and operational stakeholders to develop long and short-form written content in traditional and digital channels and provide strategic Editorial content recommendations on projects as assigned. In addition, this position performs critical proofreading tasks and provides general assistance and support for the department, leadership, and the company.
Essential Job Duties
- Provide creative ideas and develop original long- and short-format copy in multiple communications channels, including advertising, brochures, publications, signage, direct mail, sales materials, social, blogs, web, and email content, as assigned.
- Use judgment, interpretation, and creative expertise to produce new materials or develop solutions to problems and opportunities to meet company goals.
- Create headlines, copy, and features positioned for a variety of audiences and media. Tailor message for appropriateness and impact.
- Utilize expertise in copywriting best practices appropriate for print and digital communications.
- Collaborate with Marketing Communications and Marketing Management teams to develop and execute print and digital projects; collaborate with Digital Copywriter on specific web and email projects on an as-needed basis.
- Work as part of a creative team or independently with limited supervision to ensure copy communicates effectively within a layout or design.
- Proof copy and vendor proofs for accuracy.
- Act as Brand Steward to develop and uphold brand consistency in print and digital projects. Support Brand Stewardship by reviewing and editing information prepared by internal or external sources for factual accuracy, style consistency, audience suitability, clarity, and support of marketing objectives; provide necessary information for corrections or rewriting if necessary.
- Recommend and develop SEO-optimized blog content to address key messages as defined in marketing content strategies.
- Demonstrate superior time management skills and prioritization ability by meeting crucial deadlines for work spanning multiple departments and businesses.
- Effectively utilize project management systems and processes to manage work and meet deadlines.
- Represent the department on various work groups, committees, etc.
- General assistance and support for the department and company as needed.
The incumbent will work in an office environment, with occasional duties on location.
- A two- or four-year college degree in Communications, Journalism, English, or a related
Field. Additional Education, Training, And/or Certification(s) Preferred.
- A minimum of four years of professional copywriting experience. An equivalent combination of education/experience considered. Prior experience in a related product category (hospitality, travel, luxury goods, etc.) in an agency or similar setting preferred.
- Strong understanding of how copywriting fits into business strategy, performance, an brand reputation; Able to make content recommendations accordingly.
- Excellent command of English language and grammar.
- Experienced with both traditional and digital/SEO copywriting best practices.
- Demonstrated commitment to the delivery of world-class internal/external guest service.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and content and project management systems, such as WordPress, Box, and TeamWork; ability to quickly acquire knowledge of Biltmore’s products, systems, protocols, and brand voice.
- Strong planning, organizational, and project/time management skills; prioritizes work, adapts/multitasks as needed; meets deadlines; keen attention to details/quality/brand voice.
- Proactive, exercises good judgment, problem solves; anticipates/troubleshoots; effectively negotiates challenges and manages expectations.
- Comfortable and effective working in a corporate setting.
Interested in this job?
5 days left to apply