Job role insights
$25 - $30/hours
3 - 5 Years
Dotdash Meredith is looking for a remote editor to update and write timely content for AllRecipes. As a News Updates Editor, you will join our Quality Team, a team of remote editors, producers, and fact checkers who work on our sizable library of existing articles to improve the reader experience, drive additional traffic, and ensure the accuracy of all of our content. News Updates Editors may write news stories, evaluate and update content, and work in the CMS to make those updates.
As a digital publisher that reaches millions per month, Dotdash Meredith has the power and responsibility to create positive change. We are focusing our hiring efforts on diversity, equity, and inclusion to build a team that reflects our mission for racial equity in everything we do.
We are looking for editors who can commit to 10-20 hours of work per week. The rate for this role is $25-$30/hour. Applicants must live in the United States or Canada.
About Your Contributions
In this role, you will:
- Research and perform revisions, updates, and rewrites to content as needed according to specific project instructions and brand guidelines
- Pitch and write timely news content for publication on allrecipes.com.
- At least 3 years of experience writing and/or editing in the food and beverage space, preferably for a digital brand or news outlet
- Extensive knowledge of cooking, recipes, and different kinds of cuisines
- Strong writing and editing skills
- You’re able to easily adopt an established brand voice, and you adhere to strict brand and style guidelines like a pro
- Journalism experience is strongly preferred
- Comfortable with content management systems, including WordPress
- Detail-oriented and able to work efficiently, independently, and accurately
- Comfortable working remotely
- Access to a smartphone, computer (not a tablet), and a secure internet connection
Dotdash Meredith is the largest digital and print publisher in America. From mobile to magazines, nearly 200 million people trust us to help them make decisions, take action, and find inspiration. Dotdash Meredith’s over 40 iconic brands include PEOPLE, Better Homes & Gardens, Verywell, Food & Wine, The Spruce, Allrecipes, Byrdie, REAL SIMPLE, Investopedia, and Southern Living.
Dotdash Meredith embraces inclusivity and values our diverse community. We are committed to building a team based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Interested in this job?
0 days left to apply