Do you have a passion for the written word and professional writing experience?
Do you have prior experience with the WordPress content management system?
If you’re nodding your head in agreement with the above questions, you could be our perfect candidate.
WordCandy is a content marketing agency that specializes in producing blog content for clients within the WordPress industry. We work with some of the biggest clients in WordPress, such as Elegant Themes, Beaver Builder, and WP Engine.
The company is based in the United Kingdom, but our team members are distributed worldwide. We are currently looking for a new writer to join our team.
- Creating high-quality blog posts on a variety of topics, including WordPress-specific articles (how-tos, plugin/theme reviews, listicles, etc.) and posts on related subjects such as web hosting, small business, and technology.
- Researching topics and keywords for new posts, based on client-specific requirements.
- Experimenting with and learning new plugins, themes, software, and other tools as needed.
- Solid writing skills. You have professional writing experience under your belt, including 1+ year’s recent experience in a permanent (non-freelance) writing position.
- WordPress experience. You have some experience creating content using the self-hosted WordPress platform.
- Tech savvy. You love mastering previously-unknown software, web applications, etc., and have a foundation of tech savvy that enables you to pick such things up quickly.
- Comfort with a wide range of subjects. You’re able to write content to a high standard about both WordPress (our primary niche) and other related topics. You’re also able to research and write authoritatively on unfamiliar topics as needed.
- Passion for learning. You love the idea of diving into a role where you’ll learn new things, and value constructive criticism as a means of boosting your skills and experience.
- A love for remote working. You value the flexibility and autonomy of a remote working arrangement, and have experience working under your own impetus.
This role is available to UK citizens as an employee position, and non-UK-based applicants as a contractor position. The terms of our offering vary accordingly, and are detailed below.
Key details for non-UK-based applicants:
- This is a remote, full-time, contractor (not employee) position.
- Starting pay of $33,000 per year.
- Twenty days’ paid leave per year, plus a minimum of five days paid sick leave per year.
- Remote working from anywhere in the world.
Key details for UK citizens:
- This is a full-time, remote position.
- Starting pay of £25,000 per year.
- Twenty-five days’ paid annual leave per year plus bank holidays.
- Remote working from anywhere within the UK.
Benefits for all team members include:
- Annual pay increases linked to increased cost of living.
- Flexible working hours.
- Performance-related pay rise assessments at least every six months.
- Structured career progression with regular reviews.
- Time set aside for professional development.
- Expenses paid local/national WordCamp attendance.
If you’re interested in the role, please submit your application on our website!
The creation of WordCandy can be traced back to 2011 when its founder, Tom Ewer, began his career as a freelance writer. In the years since then, Tom has built a formidable team of researchers, writers, and editors, whose ultimate collective goal is to produce the best WordPress content on the internet.
Want to report this job listing? Contact us here and help us maintain the quality of job listings.
Couldn’t Find a Suitable Role?
Join our 950+ subscribers!
Get new job alerts, once a week.