This role is a mix of content strategy, content design, and UX writing. Must love both high-level strategy and hands-on writing to be successful.
You’ll move fluidly from the big picture to the smallest detail. You’ll use your strong analysis skills and content design principles to ensure content aligns with both user goals and business objectives.
You will also be responsible for ensuring all content you create supports the most usable, consistent, inclusive, and delightful experience for Indeed’s users. Excellent communication skills and a collaborative attitude will ensure success when you engage with partners from multiple disciplines.
As part of the Discovery and Communications (DisCo) team, you’ll work on products that shape people’score experiences on Indeed. This role will primarily be supporting the Job Seeker Messaging and Mobile App teams, including work on innovative new mobile messaging solutions. You’ll work on high-impact, high-profile projects that make a difference in the company’s success, but more importantly, the success of people hoping to find a job that best fits their needs.
- Work with the cross-functional team to translate business objectives into content experiences.
- Create information architecture frameworks, high-level wireframes, taxonomies, user journey maps, and priority guides to communicate the content plan.
- Perform heuristic evaluations, content audits, or competitive analyses of existing content experiences to identify areas of potential improvement.
- Determine the most appropriate content (e.g., copy, data, images) and channel for all user touchpoints, including mobile and desktop products, email, push notifications, and text messages.
- Create user personas, journey maps, etc. and adapt content to different user segments and intents.
- In collaboration with product partners, craft success measures for content that are testable and provable.
- Make structural recommendations for SEO optimization, in collaboration with the SEO team.
- Partner with UX research to evaluate and test content with card sorting, A/B testing, tree tests, etc.
- Interpret both qualitative and quantitative data and use it to make sound, data-driven content decisions.
- Create content that follows all guidelines, including UX content, SEO, accessibility, design system, localization, and legal.
- Craft tooltips, error messages, and other UI directional content that adhere to style guidelines and principles.
- Contribute to the design system, accessibility, content governance, and UX content guidelines.
- Optimize content for inclusiveness, accessibility, and localization.
- Share your work and give feedback to design teammates through pinups, office hours, etc.
Who You Are
- 3+ years of content strategy, content design, UX design, UX writing, or similar experience.
- BA in English, journalism, marketing, communications or other relevant field or equivalent education and experience.
- Experience working on content experiences for mobile apps. Experience with chat or messaging products a plus.
- Understanding of design principles and how content fits into overall user experience, with proven ability to map content to user intent and adapt UX end-to-end processes to the needs of a given project.
- Superior writing, editing, and proofreading skills.
- Passionate advocate for creating user-centered experiences and product flows while balancing business and user needs.
- Knowledge of A/B testing, user testing, and analytics.
- Experience in Google Drive, Docs, Sheets, and Slides.
- Familiarity with common design and collaboration tools like Figma and Miro.
- Experience with design workshops, sprints, and other brainstorming activities a plus.
- Experience creating content models, wireframes, information architecture maps and other content frameworks.
- Project management skills.
Pursuant to the SF FCO, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Who We Are
We are a fast-moving, data-driven UX team building the most popular job site on the planet. Our teams work in Seattle, San Francisco, Austin, Tokyo, Singapore and Hyderabad, collaborating with Product Managers and Engineering to deliver simple solutions to the real-world problems that job seekers and employers face everyday.
As the world’s number 1 job site*, our mission is to help all people get jobs. We strive to cultivate an inclusive and accessible workplace where all people feel comfortable being themselves. We’re looking to grow our teams with more people who share our enthusiasm for innovation and creating the best experience for job seekers.
Salary Range Disclaimer
The base salary range represents the low and high end of the Indeed salary range for this position. Actual salaries will vary depending on factors including but not limited to location, experience, and performance. The range listed is just one component of Indeed’s total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include quarterly bonuses, Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), an open Paid Time Off policy, and many region-specific benefits.
Equal Opportunities and Accommodations Statement
Indeed is deeply committed to building a workplace and global community where inclusion is not only valued, but prioritized. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, family status, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, neuro-diversity, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other non-merit based or legally protected grounds.
Indeed is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in the employment application process. To request an accommodation, please contact Talent Attraction Help at 1-855-567-7767, or by email at TAhelp@indeed.com at least one week in advance of your interview.
Fair Chance Hiring
We value diverse experiences, including those who have had prior contact with the criminal legal system. We are committed to providing individuals with criminal records, including formerly incarcerated individuals, a fair chance at employment.
Our Policies and Benefits
View Indeed’s Applicant Privacy and Accessibility Policies – https://www.indeed.com/legal/indeed-jobs
Learn about our global employee perks, programs and benefits – https://benefits.indeed.jobs/
Where legally permitted, Indeed requires all individuals attending or working out of Indeed offices or visiting Indeed clients to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. For positions that can only be performed at an Indeed office, candidates must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and present acceptable proof of vaccination by the date of hire as a condition of employment. For positions that require some in-office work or in-person client meetings, exceptions to these in-office or in-person job requirements may be made at the discretion of the business through June 2022, at which point full vaccination will be required. Indeed will consider requests for reasonable accommodation as required under applicable law. To qualify as being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 there should have been a two week period after receiving the second dose (or any government recommended booster shot) in a 2-dose COVID-19 vaccine series, or a two week period after receiving a single-dose (or any government recommended booster shot) in a single dose COVID-19 vaccine.
Indeed is an American worldwide employment website for job listings launched in November 2004. It is a subsidiary of Japan’s Recruit Co. Ltd. and is co-headquartered in Austin, Texas, and Stamford, Connecticut with additional offices around the world.
Want to report this job listing? Contact us here and help us maintain the quality of job listings.
Couldn’t Find a Suitable Role?
Join our 950+ subscribers!
Get new job alerts, once a week.