Join our content team to own all short-form copy across emails, ads, our website, and more.
In a world where every brand is competing for the user’s attention, you’ll write actionable, high-value copy that drives results — all while maintaining Notion’s brand everywhere someone might interact with your words. You’ll also work cross-functionally (with growth and product marketing teams), managing rounds of revisions, balancing projects, and hitting deadlines. You’ll also create systems to keep these workflows humming.
In this role, you’ll be responsible for thoughtfully taking copywriting projects from idea to publication, owning the entire process end-to-end.
What You’ll Achieve:
- Write, write, and write some more. Much of this role is focused on execution. Our team has a lot of ground to cover and copy to be written. We’re looking for pithy writing that packs punch.
- Work closely with content marketing, user education, product marketing, and growth teams to maintain a consistent brand voice across all mediums.
- Create a system to manage requests that will likely come from all the cross-functional teams you’ll touch. We need someone who’s deadline-driven, communicative, and process-oriented.
- Manage multiple work streams at once. You’ll be producing email series, ad taglines, short copy to describe Notion templates, and more, all at the same time.
- Analyze the results of your work, and make the necessary changes based on data to drive ever-improving results.
Skills You’ll Need to Bring:
- An understanding of Notion’s voice no matter where you’re writing, and adapting the tone of our voice to the customer you’re speaking to or platform on which you’re writing.
- Experience writing effective short-form copy in a number of different formats, like emails, landing pages, social, and more. We’d love to work with someone seasoned at what works across these formats.
- An understanding of conversion-driven copy, knowing how to write actionable copy and CTAs that help drive business results.
- A metrics-oriented mindset to track results, assess data, and make changes to your copy based on what the data is telling you, including email opens, clickthrough rates, CPMs, etc.
- The ability to project manage yourself, across different formats, working cross-functionally to prioritize and hit deadlines. We want to be able to hand you a number of deliverables and nail rolling deadlines.
Nice to Haves:
- Experience writing in the B2B SaaS space.
- You’ve used Notion and understand its features / benefits.
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Notion.
Notion is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Notion considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Notion is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know.
We’re on a mission to make it possible for every person, team, and company to be able to tailor their software to solve any problem and take on any challenge. Computers may be our most powerful tools, but most of us can’t build or modify the software we use on them every day. At Notion, we want to change this with focus, design, and craft.
We’ve been working on this together since 2016, and have customers like Nike, Airbnb, Slack, Samsung and thousands more on this journey with us. Today, we’re growing fast and excited for new teammates to join us who are the best at what they do. We’re passionate about building a company as diverse and creative as the millions of people Notion reaches worldwide.
Want to report this job listing? Contact us here and help us maintain the quality of job listings.
Couldn’t Find a Suitable Role?
Join our 250+ subscribers!
Get new job alerts, once a week.