You find typos around every corner. Your friends and family are tired of hearing about them all, so you just shake your head and move on at this point.
You tell jokes to yourself based on bad ads. You critique advertising to whoever is with you. And puns… well, good puns are rare, and most are just lazy.
You’ve been a content editor for a while now, and you’re feeling the itch to do bigger things – to make a bigger difference with your work.
You’re constantly reminding people about their audience, about simplifying their core message in their writing, and about fixing grammatical errors.
You love being a part of a team, and you’re a natural at helping those around you achieve the vision.
We are looking for someone to blow the doors off our copywriting work. Some of that writing will be done by the Marketing Content Editor, but most of it is guiding the work of others to make good work excellent.
We’ve been working a building an effective marketing firm for over 13 years and now we need to “level up” our copywriting. We are working with brands in the B2B tech space across the nation, as we become a household name in the space. We want you along for the ride.
We offer competitive compensation, benefits, etc, but we know you want more.
If this sounds like you, we should meet.
IF YOU LOVE…
- turning highly technical topics (networking, cybersecurity, etc.) into engaging, digestible collateral,
- aligning content to focus on the right audience and message for the given context,
- developing both long and short-form content that engages readers,
- proving to unbelievers that the creative side of marketing isn’t “fluff”, it leads to demonstrable results,
- working alongside designers to produce digital assets that prospects can’t ignore,
- and working with organizations to determine their persona, messaging strategy, and overall messaging approach,
- developing great messaging that provokes action and response,
… then this is the position for you! You are the go-to resource for all things messaging and content development–everything from USP workshops to creating irresistible whitepapers that help drive leads for our customers.
WHAT YOU HAVE PROBABLY DONE…
- You received a BA/BS in something like English, Communications, Marketing, Advertising, Liberal Arts, etc.
- You have worked for 3+ years in a marketing communications role (marketing copywriter, content strategist, or similar content role), in a B2B or technology context, ideally.
- You have a solid portfolio of content with clients that demonstrate your experience.
- You can tie your work back to campaigns that generated bottom-line results.
- You have created/edited copy for several different segments of the technology industry (hardware, SaaS, consulting, etc.)
- You have worked with several organizations through messaging workshops, branding exercises, or SEO strategies.
A DAY IN THE LIFE…
9 am – Arrive at the office in beautiful downtown Frederick, grab a cup of freshly roasted coffee, and have a laugh or two with the team.
10 am – Have our daily all-hands meeting with the team. Great work is accomplished through collaboration.
11 am – You walked a client through some whitepaper copy you were part of developing (which they loved). Afterward, you and the team bounce additional ideas off each other, and you can’t wait to see the whitepaper come to life in the design phase.
12 pm – Lunch outside on our porch where you get to know others on the team a bit more.
1 pm – You sit with the SEM specialist and write a few new text ad variations that we needed a quick turnaround on. You leave confident that they will really engage with the client’s audience and can’t wait to see the results.
2 pm – You jump on a call with a contractor to talk through a blog they are working on. You walk through an outline you had put together previously to guide the conversation and clarify the audience in a bit more detail.
3 pm – You sit down to make some adjustments to the content for the homepage of a new website we are building. You come up with a brilliant one-liner to pull visitors in.
4 pm – The whole team comes together, and we have our weekly meeting. We talk big picture, review client feedback, and work through a few issues that popped up throughout the week.
5:30 pm – You wrap up some loose ends on an article you were working on and head home after what seemed like a fast and productive day.
But every day is not the same. Other days include writing newsletters, big pitches, or deep thinking and brainstorming. Your day is all about driving the quality of our creative product to a new level.
WHAT WE ARE OFFERING…
- A $60,000 to $70,000 salary. The more experience you have, the closer you will be to the upper-end.
- Health, Dental, and Vision.
- Flexible schedules that account for being a human being.
- An annual profit-sharing plan.
- Cool creative office space located in downtown Frederick MD.
- A team that is on a mission and loves to work.
- A chance to be part of something big.
New North exists to help B2B technology companies grow with better marketing – because B2B technology marketing is hard. We’ve found that companies in the B2B tech space are selling high-price-point offerings to niche audiences. That’s a difficult task, especially when clients don’t fully understand the value that companies provide. As a result, too many organizations are spending marketing budgets without a clear strategic plan and little hope for measurable results. But marketing doesn’t have to be a mystery. We’ve helped Fortune 500 firms and growing tech startups to hit growth goals, enter new markets, and get acquired. Our strategies are driven by data and our results are measurable. Today, after years of honing processes and assembling an expert team, New North is built to make B2B technology marketing easier – and more effective.
Want to report this job listing? Contact us here and help us maintain the quality of job listings.
Couldn’t Find a Suitable Role?
Join our 950+ subscribers!
Get new job alerts, once a week.