Our products aim to do one thing: save startup founders and small business owners time, money, and peace of mind. We started by demystifying complicated tax credits, saving over $100M – and countless hours of tax code research 🥱 – for founders in nearly every industry.
Then, we introduced MainStreet Procurement, simplifying expense management and contract negotiation for teams without the means to do it themselves. Since our sort-of viral beginnings in 2019, we’ve raised a $60M Series A (more on that later), launched two product lines (with more in the works), and grew from 3 employees to 160+.
We owe our success to the strength of our team. Before joining MainStreet, we helped build companies like Intuit, PayPal, Google, Apple, Gusto, LinkedIn, Slack, and more. We’re 100% remote, spanning across X states and Canada. We’re fellow founders, engineers, accountants, designers, dog (and cat) lovers, adventurers, coders, and parents. We move fast. We think big. We don’t take ourselves too seriously. And we’d love for you to join us.
We’re looking for a mission-driven UX Writer to join MainStreet’s growing Design team and bring clarity and personality to MainStreet’s product. As the first writer on the team, you’ll help build the writing practice from the ground up at one of the fastest-growing startups out there. You’ll report directly to our Head of Design.
What You’ll Do
- Work closely with our Head of Design to define the content strategy for MainStreet’s product
- Craft UX writing guidelines and principles
- Leverage our brand guidelines to define the in-product voice and tone
- Own copy across the MainStreet product
- Help establish (and constantly improve) the collaboration process between UX Writers and other functions
What We’re Looking For
- 4–5 years of experience (more senior candidates strongly encouraged to apply) of UX writing / content strategy at a tech company
- A portfolio showcasing your strengths as a UX writer (please include it in your application)
- Experience working with cross-functional teams (Design, Research, Product Management, Legal, etc.)
- A strong desire to improve our customers’ experience through clear, concise, and human-friendly copy
- Ability to explain your process and writing decisions to your cross-functional partners
- Familiarity with design tools (we use Figma)
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Base salary range for this position is $102,000 – $161,000 and is based upon years of experience that is commensurate with the level of the position in addition to location
- Bonus that is commensurate with the level of the position
- Robust equity program with significant upside potential
- Benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability, life, 401k plus additional perks to make your work from home life better
MainStreet takes a holistic approach to small business management so you can grow smarter, not harder. We plug into your accounting and payroll systems to check for savings opportunities in unlikely places. From complex government tax credits to exclusive discounts on the tools you use every day, we save you thousands of dollars, hundreds of hours, and countless headaches.
Throughout the year, you’ll track expenses and savings through your MainStreet dashboard and tag us in on big purchases and contract negotiations. Come tax season, we’ll do the paperwork and even let your CPA take all the credit. Consider us your silent partner-in-savings, your financial secret weapon, your smart (not a) bank – whatever you want to call us. We’ve got your back so you can get back to building your business. ✨
Our $60M Series A – We’ve raised over $60M from an incredible community of partners, operators, and founders, including SignalFire (who led our Series A), Ryan Hoover (Product Hunt founder), Ashton Kutcher’s Sound Ventures, Des Traynor (Intercom co-founder), Gradient Ventures (a Google Venture Fund), Ron Conway’s fund SV Angel, Shrug Capital, and Tusk Ventures.
How We Think About Diversity
We try to make sure the diversity of our customers is reflected in the team that serves them. Because when we include people of all races, genders, sexual orientations, ages, and identities — we end up building a better experience for everyone who uses MainStreet.
We know we need to be intentional in our hiring practices in order to overcome systemic biases we may be blind to. So, if your lived experience has given you a unique perspective on business, startups, or any other aspect of our business – even if you don’t meet all the requirements – please still apply and let us know so we can make sure your application gets the attention it deserves.
Want to report this job listing? Contact us here and help us maintain the quality of job listings.
Couldn’t Find a Suitable Role?
Join our 250+ subscribers!
Get new job alerts, once a week.