Company Location: London, United kingdom
Job Location: Remote
Job Type: Freelance
Posted on: April 15, 2022
What does a freelance French Materials Writer do at Busuu?
You’ll work on language courses that help to educate 120+ million learners in over 190 countries. On a day-to-day basis, your responsibilities are likely to include:
- Planning and creating French language lesson content, applying best pedagogical and instructional design principles for digital language learning
- Creating lesson plans to be used by French teachers on Busuu Live, our live lesson offering
- Helping to maintain and improve Busuu’s current French language courses
- Contributing to syllabus planning for future courses
- Working with Busuu’s content management system to build, publish, and maintain new course content
What We’re Looking For in a Freelance French Materials Writer
- Extensive experience teaching French as a foreign language
- Both native and non-native speakers of French are welcome to apply, but a C2 level mastery of the language is expected.
- Masters-level qualification in languages, linguistics or education
- Experience creating lesson content and planning your own lessons
- Deep understanding of French grammar and pedagogy
- Advanced proficiency (C1 or above) in English
- Experience working in a remote environment to deliver digital teaching content via a custom content management system is a big plus!
What are the terms and expectations of this freelance role?
- Temporary position (3 months) based on 40-hours per week, focused specifically on developing our French course with the option for extension/renewal as needed by the project
- Full training provided on Busuu’s content management platform, content authoring tools and working practices
- Remote position
What Happens Next
We aim to have a simple and speedy hiring process and we want to make sure that we are right for you as much as the other way around.
The hiring process for French Materials Writer role are the following 3 steps:
- CV application review – We will review it as quickly as possible and update on the next steps
- Let’s chat – Quick chat with the hiring manager about your experience and the role
- Test – You will be asked to complete a 90 min home test (there will be a quick chat at a later stage to discuss test and logistics)
Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. We pride ourselves on embracing our differences, whether they’re cultural, racial, religious or otherwise. This means each one of us comes to work knowing that we have a voice – and a safe, judgement-free zone to speak freely.
If you like the sound of that, join us. We’d love to hear what you have to say.
Busuu is one of the top EdTech companies in the world and has won numerous awards for its innovation and impact in language learning.
Busuu’s vision is to empower everyone in the world through languages. We are the world’s largest online community for language learning, with more than 120+ million users from 190 countries, growing at up to 20,000 new users per day. We make learning a language easy by combining AI-powered courses with instant feedback from our global community of native speakers and live tutoring from qualified teachers across the world.
In January 2022, Busuu was acquired by one of the largest EdTech companies in the world, Chegg (NYSE:CHGG). Being part of Chegg will help us to accelerate our growth and achieve our vision even faster.
If you are interested in EdTech and want to be a part of a mission-driven organisation then we would like to hear from you.
Want to report this job listing? Contact us here and help us maintain the quality of job listings.
Couldn’t Find a Suitable Role?
Join our 950+ subscribers!
Get new job alert, once a week.