GameSpot–the world’s leading consumer-focused games website–is looking for a Mobile Editor to help drive all mobile game-focused content for the site. The Mobile Editor will help shape GameSpot’s overall content approach to covering the vital mobile space, with a key focus on core titles that will have a strong appeal to the site’s audience. Working with both internal staff and freelance resources, the Mobile Editor will not only guide coverage, but take an active hand in managing and producing content for the site on a daily basis. They will also work closely with our video and social teams to help define our conversations with the mobile audience across a variety of platforms.
What You’ll Do
- Work with the Editorial Director and the wider GameSpot team to define the site’s ongoing mobile content strategy
- Execute on the mobile strategy by working with internal staff/freelance to ensure content goals/benchmarks are met
- Create articles regularly, as well as manage the the overall mobile content production process to ensure GameSpot’s high quality standards are met
- Work with internal SEO/Data teams to continually track/measure success
- Liaise with internal GameSpot editors and external freelancers to assign projects
- Support the GameSpot video and social teams to ensure relevant editorial content and ideas are being converted for the right channels
- Be an active participant in daily GameSpot QA for all editorial articles
- Script, host, edit and produce timely gameplay, guides, features and reviews. They will also help support the teams by capturing gameplay.
What We’re Looking For
- 3+ years experience in games editorial, with a strong preference for mobile games writing experience
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to formulate/execute on content plans
- Experience in working/managing freelance teams
- Excellent writing skills and a keen understanding of how to communicate with a passionate games audience
- An expert game player with a strong knowledge of games across a wide variety of genres, particularly on mobile
- Experience in SEO-focused content strategy a must
- On-camera experience a strong plus
GameSpot’s (www.GameSpot.com) expert editorial team provides more than a million daily visitors with comprehensive, engaging and unbiased game information for console, PC, and mobile platforms. The site’s award-winning coverage includes previews and reviews on the hottest titles, breaking news, live gameplay streams, original shows, videos, guides, hints and more. As well as the millions of gamers visiting the site, GameSpot also has one of the world’s most active gaming communities, with more than 20 million social followers across YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok and more.
Over the last twenty years, Red Ventures has built a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships that work together to connect millions of people with expert advice. Through premium content and personalized digital experiences, Red Ventures builds online journeys that make it easier for people to make important decisions about their homes, health, travel, finances, education and entertainment. Founded in 2000, Red Ventures has 3,000 employees in 10 cities across the US, as well as in the UK and Brazil. Red Ventures owns and operates several large digital brands including Healthline, The Points Guy, Bankrate, MYMOVE, and Allconnect.com.
For more information, visit https://redventures.com and follow @RedVentures on social platforms.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact email@example.com.
Want to report this job listing? Contact us here and help us maintain the quality of job listings.
Couldn’t Find a Suitable Role?
Join our 250+ subscribers!
Get new job alerts, once a week.