Company Location: Los Angeles, United States
Job Location: Remote
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $160k+ (Annually)
Posted on: Apr 30, 2022
Reality Labs’ Metaverse Group is seeking a Content Strategist to develop sourcing and distribution strategies for the Content organization, with a focus on media entertainment categories in Horizon Worlds – an avatar-based, virtual world “metaverse.” This position will work closely with our programming, product, research, analytics, and marketing teams to identify content inventory of various format types and distribute and promote content effectively within VR Media and Horizon Worlds.
Content Strategist, Horizon Worlds – Metaverse Media Content Responsibilities
- Work cross functionally to define audience targets, outline inventory gaps, and identify opportunities to better engage those targets
- Develop strategic frameworks, analysis of content performance, and forecasts to support vertical leads in making informed decisions on content investments, measurement, and prioritization of programming and marketing
- Prioritize content programming based on performance and goal-driven metrics, to ensure successful results in collaboration with a cross-functional team
- Analyze behavioral and/or third-party data to provide insights supporting business decisions and conceive and implement new ways to connect and visualize data to support content initiatives
- Work with Data Science, UXR, Marketing Insights, Data Engineering and other teams to outline and execute against research questions, reporting infrastructure, and other analytics needs for the media content team
- Assist in development of success metrics and reporting of content KPIs for Horizon Worlds and other content emerging distribution surfaces
- Support go-to-market planning for content releases – communicating strategy and goals, contribute to quantitative analysis, suggesting technical solutions, and designing new processes to optimize outcomes
- Develop and execute strategies for better discovery and awareness of programming within Horizon and Meta Quest generally
- Stay abreast of VR, television, OTT and research industry news, trends and methodologies
- 8+ years of experience working in a strategy & planning, programming, content marketing, or content analytics functions at a digital platform, tech company, media company or relevant industry
- Understands complex problems and stakeholder sets to drive business impact and measurable results
- Experience collaborating cross-functionally, influencing and building consensus among multiple stakeholders in an entrepreneurial, high-expectation environment
- Advanced skills with analytics suites including dashboards, third-party tools, and raw data in excel or spreadsheets to synthesize trends and insights for different audiences including senior executives and peer set
- Understanding of content partners, content business models, and the overall media landscape
- Strategy, planning and presentation experience, expert at clarifying and summarizing key issues
- Proven attention to detail and experience in facility documenting workflows, schedules, and trackers
- Experience and knowledge of entertainment, video, and social platforms and products
- Experience with data analyses and insights, e.g., ROI analyses on a digital platform
- Experience building and adapting new market or business strategies
- Experience with developing dashboards and using content management systems
- Understanding of current trends in pop culture, entertainment, sports and gaming, new technology in the AR/VR industry
- Experience communicating external partner feedback to internal stakeholders
- Experience with data analysis and track record of making data-driven programming decisions
Meta builds technologies that help people connect, find communities, and grow businesses. When Facebook launched in 2004, it changed the way people connect. Apps like Messenger, Instagram and WhatsApp further empowered billions around the world. Now, Meta is moving beyond 2D screens toward immersive experiences like augmented and virtual reality to help build the next evolution in social technology. People who choose to build their careers by building with us at Meta help shape a future that will take us beyond what digital connection makes possible today—beyond the constraints of screens, the limits of distance, and even the rules of physics.Meta is committed to providing reasonable support (called accommodations) in our recruiting processes for candidates with disabilities, long term conditions, mental health conditions or sincerely held religious beliefs, or who are neurodivergent or require pregnancy-related support. If you need support, please reach out to email@example.com. (Colorado only*) Estimated salary of $160,000/year + bonus + equity + benefits
Want to report this job listing? Contact us here and help us maintain the quality of job listings.
Couldn’t Find a Suitable Role?
Join our 950+ subscribers!
Get new job alerts, once a week.