World Wide Stereo
Company Location: Hatfield, Pennsylvania, United States
Job Location: Hybrid
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $55k-75k (Annually)
Posted on: Apr 08, 2022
World Wide Stereo is in search of a locally-based Content Creator and Writer (and visionary) to join our team of music and movie-loving marketing geeks.
Working directly with the marketing and creative team, you’ll manage our editorial calendar and copywriting while ideating, developing, and executing content for our website, blog, social media channels and newsletters that fosters engagement and brand affinity.
We’re looking for someone that can create buzzy, original content that engages, educates, and solicits action. This person must have a knack for strategic storytelling across the spectrum of social media and on-site editorial SEO copy. Bonus points if you’ve got photography and video chops. Extra credit if you’re a star on camera (though not required!).
The Content Creator/Editor will write and develop editorial blog and scroll-stopping social media content to drive strategic SEO, promotional, and brand objectives. They are responsible for inspiring and connecting with our audience by creating a continuous stream of rich and engaging content that 1) protects WWS’s position atop organic search results and 2) deepens World Wide Stereo’s reputation as the go-to expert resource for A/V and lifestyle technology.
The ideal candidate is highly motivated and self-driven with demonstrable writing, editing, and storytelling skills. In covering the World Wide Stereo “daily beat”, they must be able to entertain and connect with our audience by bringing complex products and services to life.
- Manage World Wide Stereo’s day-to-day blog editorial and social media strategy that aligns with business goals.
- Write, edit, and manage high-quality editorial blog content including gear guides and blog listicles, product reviews, buying guides, project or service showcase, etc, that position World Wide Stereo as a thought leader and go-to destination for our catalog and services.
- Develop rich and visually robust scroll-stopping social media content that drives new clients and connects World Wide Stereo with the local design and builder community.
- Develop and maintain a content roadmap informed by SEO strategy, in-store updates, promotional calendars, product launches and collections, and industry trends.
- Collaborate with SEO strategist on new content creation and the optimization of existing onsite content to accelerate search ranking and increase organic traffic.
- Collaborate with buying team and internal subject matter experts to ensure accurate messaging and align on merchandising strategy.
- Create exciting newsletters for affiliate partners and influencers
- Support various channels with script writing for videos, email, and ad copy as needed.
- Develop standards, processes and best practices for content creation, publishing, distribution, maintenance, content retrieval, repurposing and retiring.
- Create and maintain a content style guide(s), copywriting templates, and ensure adherence to these guides to maintain consistency and coherence across content experiences.
- Maintain a deep knowledge of WWS’ audiences and understanding of user needs and behaviors and actively work to improve engagement metrics.
- 2-3 years of content marketing and/or copywriting experience, preferably at an e-commerce company or editorial platform.
- Excellent writing skills and ability to craft and hone brand voice with SEO in mind.
- Great attention to detail, strong editorial instincts, and desire to write, package, and execute engaging and actionable content.
- Adept at using data and insights to inform increasingly effective marketing messages.
- Share in our belief that storytelling is about inspiring an emotional connection.
- Tactical understanding of how content is shared across the spectrum of digital media and fluent in social media marketing platforms and management tools.
- Extra credit: basic digital design skills using Canva or Adobe, photography and video skills.
World Wide Stereo is an award-winning residential technology integration firm with two premium retail showrooms in the Philadelphia area and an eCommerce experience shipping nationwide. We have proudly offered the world’s finest home entertainment products for over 40 years. As one of the nation’s leaders in Audio and Video consumer electronics, we are an Authorized Seller for every brand we represent – so you can shop with confidence knowing you’re buying top-quality, new merchandise with a valid manufacturer’s warranty and best-in-class support. We live by our reputation for integrity, quality, personalized service, and competitive pricing.
Forty years. Forty remarkable, memorable, hard-to-believe, wild and crazy, you-can’t-be-serious years. They say “time flies when you’re having fun?” Yes. They say “do what you love and you’ll never work a day in your life?” Definitely yes. Flash back with us to August 1979… see how a tiny hi-fi store with the quirky and somewhat ambitious name – “World Wide Stereo” – goes from cassette players and boom boxes to soundbars and Bluetooth. And as for the secret to our success, what makes us, us? We sincerely love what we do, and we love sharing that love. So c’mon, scroll along with us below… and we’ll meet you back in 2019!
Want to report this job listing? Contact us here and help us maintain the quality of job listings.
Couldn’t Find a Suitable Role?
Join our 950+ subscribers!
Get new job alert, once a week.