Interested in joining our team? See our current job opportunities below:
Assistant Editor (Part-Time)
We’re looking for an assistant editor to help research and write posts for The RepresentASIAN Project’s website and social channels. This role will report to the editor-in-chief of The RepresentASIAN Project and work closely with the EIC to create content catering to the Asian diaspora in North America, specifically, Canada.
- Pitch, research and write articles on a variety of topics, specifically news and features.
- Pitch, research and create content for social media (Instagram + TikTok)
- Build and upload articles in WordPress
- Assist in graphic creation on Canva
- Assist with scheduling posts on social media
- Assisting with transcription of interviews
- Keep track of news relating to the Asian diaspora in North America
- Regular communication with EIC via Slack
What we’re looking for:
- Previous writing and content creation experience (specifically to social media) required (background in journalism or editing a bonus)
- Someone passionate about Asian representation and supporting the Asian community
- A creative and forward-thinker who’s eager to learn
- A pop culture enthusiast well-versed in discussing current events with an eye for social media trends
- Excellent communicator who is great at receiving and giving feedback in a professional manner
- Knowledge of WordPress, Canva, Later (for social media scheduling)
We’re looking for someone to dedicate 5 hours/week for $20/hour.
How to Apply:
Email cover letter, resume and 2-3 writing/content creation samples to email@example.com. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The RepresentASIAN Project™ is a Canadian platform dedicated to celebrating, advocating and elevating Asian representation and voices in media and beyond.
We’re a team of Asians based in Canada who are passionate about celebrating and amplifying the Asian community. We grew up not seeing people who looked like us on television, in movies, in books and in magazines, and we recognize how the lack of representation can impact the mental health of BIPOC individuals. Despite the current rise of Asian representation in media, there is still plenty of room for improvement when it comes to representing Asians in many different areas of life.
Our mission is to share and tell stories of successful Asians in their respective industries to inspire and motivate members of the Asian community to achieve their dreams. We want to celebrate the joys of being Asian and put a spotlight on all of the incredible things our community members do.
Want to report this job listing? Contact us here and help us maintain the quality of job listings.
Couldn’t Find a Suitable Role?
Join our 250+ subscribers!
Get new job alerts, once a week.